- Trust is the most important ingredient in any relationship.
- Worthy of trust, this requires integrity which means “soundness of moral principle”.
- Build trust by listening, following through and keeping their word
- Actively build relationships with all the constituencies of our business including clients, partners, communities, investors and fellow
Respect For People
- Treat others fairly and consistently
- Express opinion without intimidating others
- Demonstrate belief in the abilities of others
- Thank Coworkers when they help or deliver
- Listen and respect others’ point of views
- Show consideration for feelings of others
- Establish open and trusting relationships
- Understand our system and the duty of our role
- Caring about our clients, our colleagues and our profession. We know how important it is to listen and to communicate. We strive to be good listeners and good communicators
- Understand that when our clients understand us, when they know and see that we care about them, we will never be short of clients
- Importance of personal character in every aspect of life
Standards of Excellence
- Puts forward a large number of practical ideas and alternative solutions.
- Self-motivated & knows how to energize him/herself.
- Endurance; no stopping until the task is done.
- Never leaves anything to chance, starts everything on the plan and finishes everything started.
- Is decisive and action-oriented.
- Keeps an open mind to new ideas, other views and opinions.
- Is willing to try out actions to improve continuously.
- Continuously seeks to beat previous best performance.
- Communicates with other LEEDS members constructively.
- Shares information with those to whom it might be useful.
- Involves others when relevant.
- Looks for win-win solutions when difference of opinion exists.
- Listens actively.
- Takes ownership of solving customers / colleagues’ problem.
- Collaborator: emphasizes the overall purpose of the team.
- Challenger: pushes the team to take reasonable risks.